Chapter 2 Spark a Love of Books

In order to build spark the love of reading you need to make connect and build relationships with your students, then connect with authors and books to build those same relationships with the text. You need to also do the same by example making those raw connections with the stories and the characters. Students have access to the books, it is up to us to build the spark. 

It sounds easy, but time.. Where do you find the time? We have all these things expected of us, but when and how do you build that time? One school I am at we have 15 minutes of silent reading a day. It has been a great help and made it so much easier to build these connections with students. I have told them about the books I liked and those I didn't care for. It has been built in time to allow me to help spark the love. 

I have found some resources to look at for some more ideas on "sparking the love". In the comments, list two ways you spark the love of books.

Resources to help spark the love of reading:



Comments

  1. 1. We do monthly contests and favorite books are the prizes.
    2. We read a lot in the library, get read to, and allow kids to talk about books they have read lately. They get so excited about them and so do I. I love it when a student asks me for the book that "Suzy" talked about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment